**Secret Clearance is desired**
**Hybrid assignment- First 4 months work on-site**
Senior Electrical FPGA Application Design Engineer will be working with cross functional design engineers on development of man-rated space qualified engine control and power management system. Typical assignments are:
* Design real-time digital signal processing systems using FPGAs.
* Provide appropriate technical instruction to assist the PCB layout designers.
* Develop design specifications based on project requirements.
* Development of real-time embedded FPGA systems.
* Analyze cost and risk factors involved in system development activities.
* Define working parameters and output and input processes for system.
* Coordinate the development of subsystems modules.
* Perform FPGA system integration of all subsystems.
* Perform system verification and validation to ensure efficiency, reliability and compatibility.
* Identify system deficiencies and provide corrective actions.
* Implement test strategies for top level and module level test environments.
* Verify system designs are in compliance with performance and functional requirements.
* Ensure to complete design and development tasks within allotted timeline and budget.
* The candidate must a minimum of 6 -10 years of demonstrated experience and familiarity with digital signal processing systems.
* Experience with digital Signal Processing systems/Serial communication protocols (SPI,1553)
Required Skills (expertise):
* Experience with Xilinx and other FPGAs, High Speed Processing (DSP), I/O and integrated CPU
* Excellent Familiarity with RLT, Verilog, and VHDL coding / guidelines (creation of test benches, functional code)
* Develop model-based designing methods using Simulink or Matlab framework and representation
* Simulation, Compilation, Synthesis (includes timing closure)
* Creation/Downloading of programming file (image build)
* Requirements management, interpret and derive performance specification
* Verification Methods
* Use of oscilloscopes/Logic Analyzers and embedded analysis tools are a plus
* Facility with technical drawings (Electrical).
* Interpret and evaluate engineering problems and statements
* Analyze and interpret data
* Conduct technical and programmatic risk assessments
* Balance technical scope, customer expectations, and business interests
* Synthesize program technical requirements necessary to achieve complex technical objectives
* Effectively plan and coordinate workflow, identify, plan, and monitor priorities
* Operate effectively in a team environment
* Write clear and accurate technical reports
* Make effective oral presentations
* Aware of state-of-the-art technologies
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
* Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
Candidate should have a B.S./M.S. (preferred) degree in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering.
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.