Job Number: 68144
Pay Rate: $100K-$130K/year.
Senior Engineer II
Job Objective: Using Engineering procedures standard for research and development, carries out assignments associated with research, design, development, support or manufacturing of specific parts, processes, or components of products. Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications. Under the general direction of a functional manager, with moderate latitude for self-direction, operates in one or more areas of responsibility within a specific function.
Essential Job Functions: Senior Engineer II
- Acts as an individual contributor, core team or technical lead for a specific project.
- Accountable for the completion of assigned deliverables in accordance with approved schedules.
- Authors documentation and participates in activities in support of design control.
- Independently plans, performs & prioritizes tasks that are complex in nature, in alignment with corporate goals.
- Analyzes and interprets data, identifying trends and formulating the next steps, while effectively performing trade off analysis, if required by the function.
- Leads, designs and/or develops one or more of the following: new test methods, specifications, technical apparatus, software and processes for complex components and functions.
- Identifies product defects and recognizes outliers in results. Able to explain and document product defects and their impact.
- Effectively communicates technical information to a multidisciplinary team in the form of documentation, presentations and technical summaries and promotes collaboration.
- Technical expertise in a least (1) one area and emerging as a subject matter expert.
- Provides technical guidance to and/or supervision of other group members and cross-functional technical teams. Able to mentor others.
- Provides technical support for or leads CAPA or complaint investigations.
- Independently generates predictable schedules for activities related to the function, understanding cross-functional dependencies.
- May review and provide input to deliverables from other functions.
- Recommends and leads implementation of improvement initiatives to aid department practices.
- May be assigned CAPA ownership.
- Other duties may be assigned or required for the performance of this position.
Minimum Job Qualifications: Senior Engineer II
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
- PhD in Engineering, Science, or related field; REQUIRED.
- Deep fundamental material science expertise, ideally including plastics and adhesives
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in product development with an emphasis on various aspects of engineering design and development.
- Strong Project Manager skills.
- Extensive Experience guiding R&D projects through a stage gate process.
- Strong statistical analysis, Root Cause Analysis, creative problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Experience working in a multifunctional team
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally; 10% Travel
- Sustainable materials knowledge is desirable