Job Number: 69004
Pay Rate: 64.18
Senior Financial Analyst
Windsor Locks, CT
This position is for an experienced Financial Planning & Analysis professional that will support the Offices located in Windsor Locks, CT and will report directly to the Military Engine Finance Manager. Candidate will support complex government contract close-out activities and financial close and analysis processes. Candidate must be strong in extracting and managing large amounts of data from centralized systems using Microsoft Excel. Position requires interaction with multiple functional areas and all levels of management making both written and verbal communication skills critical.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Senior Financial Analyst
- Support contract close-out process for military contracts and update process with improvements to define future-state procedures
- Ability to analyze and export large amounts of SAP data to document close-out activities
- Ability to work closely with a cross functional team and provide timely and accurate financial data that helps drive appropriate business decisions and resolves issues
- Execute the monthly and quarterly financial closing process including the preparation of journal entries, forecast and variance explanations
- Ad hoc reporting/financial analysis as requested by management
- Ensure 100% compliance with all financial and business controls and adherence to all Sarbanes-Oxley requirements including documentation and testing of business controls; Government accounting requirements, DCMA / DCAA audits and reporting requirements, and Collins Aerospace internal audits.
Qualifications: Senior Financial Analyst
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Ability to effectively analyze financial data and communicate financial information internally and externally to the product line
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer software skills in MS Office - Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience with government contracting
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.