Job Number: 70892
Senior / Principal Engineer - Structural
Location: Boulder, CO
(Senior Engineer): $62.98/hr - $79.57/hr (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data).
(Principal Engineer): $70.67/hr - $89.06/hr (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data).
What You'll Do
- Perform structural analysis on advanced satellite, payload, optics, mechanisms, tactical hardware, and ground support equipment.
- Use closed form and finite element analysis techniques in stress analysis and structural dynamics.
- Develop loads and environments for structure and components.
- Support structural and environmental testing for static, modal, acoustic, shock, and vibration.
- Write detailed reports for test and analysis activities.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need
- Senior Structural Engineer – BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Principal Structural Engineer – BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A Master of Science Degree in a structures related field is preferred.
- Nastran experience with static, modal, buckling, and frequency response.
- The ability to support multiple efforts and manage competing priorities.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficiency preferred in the following areas:
- General Software Tools: Simcenter, FEMAP, MATLAB, Solidworks, Python
- Structural Analysis: Stress/Stability, Bolted and Bonded Joints, Welds, Electronics, Antennas, Fracture and Fatigue
- Materials: Ceramics, Composites, Honeycomb Structures
On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site five days each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Campuses and other possible locations may be required.
Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.