Position Type: Software Engineer
Location: Hazelwood, MO
Hourly rate: $80.02
Contractor benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k
Active Secret Clearance required.
Leads activities to develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. Leads development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system. Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met. Provides technical leadership for software projects and leads software supplier management activities. Leads development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes, tools and metrics. Plans, executes and documents software research and development projects. Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations. Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards. Works under minimal direction.
* Participate as a member of a high performing, collaborative team and be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, excellent time-management, and interpersonal skills.
* Have the ability to work with multiple support teams to identify and resolve issues.
* Implement and test software/systems using a variety of technologies.
* Clearly communicate issues and suggest alternative paths forward.
* Understand, support, and apply agile principles, practices, and processes.
* Listen and support teams in problem identification, root cause analysis, and decision making.
* Ability to communicate up and out as well as down and in.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering, engineering, mathematics, physics, or other technical degree.
* 7+ years of experience with professional software development and programming in a collaborative environment using an Objective Oriented Programming language such as Java, C++, or C#.
* Experience with Linux and/or Windows development.
* Experience with distributed version control systems, e.g. Git & Gitlab.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
* 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience with distributed, real-time computational systems.
* Experience designing and developing software for complex systems such as Distributed Systems, Multi-Threaded and Multi-Process Applications, and Client-Server Architectures.
* Familiarity with simulation standards such as High-Level Architecture (HLA), Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS), and Distributed Mission Operations (DMO).
* Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
* Experience with Digital.ai Agility, formerly VersionOne
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g., Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g., PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Full Time/Part Time/On Call: Full time
Start Time: 8:00 AM
End Time: 5:00 PM
Does this position require a US person for purposes of Export Compliance? Yes
Requested Security Clearance: Secret
Is Clearance Required to Start? 7Yes
Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Must be U.S. Person for purposes of Export Compliance. Reference Number: VEVBA