Job Number: 71319
The individual will be a member of the Software Architecture and Development Team supporting multiple software development and systems development projects in parallel. As a skilled specialist, the individual will complete tasks in creative and effective ways and work on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Makes independent decisions. Assist in the troubleshooting of issues to determine root cause and possible engineering solutions.
- Assists with planning software laboratory capacity to ensure all software development and testing teams have access to a sufficient number of instruments / devices
- Assists with planning the software laboratory capacity in terms of number of different versions of software and hardware devices, to ensure that development and testing activities can be performed on all the required platform versions (e.g. software under active development, released software versions etc.), also including keeping operating system software up to date, creating and refreshing operating system images, and installing software
- Manages virtual machines to enable various development and test configurations
- Ensures hardware devices are maintained in good state by scheduling the maintenance activities, 3rd party service calls, removing instrument waste, and optimizes laboratory activities to minimize overlaps and resource conflicts.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions.
- Adheres to Roche Tissue Diagnostics procedures and processes.
- Makes plans, executes and revises as needed to accomplish assigned tasks to meet expectations of quality and time.
- Works as an effective departmental or cross-functional team member within a matrix organization.
- Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
- Must be able to work proficiently in regard general IT/networking and security concepts
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in a directly related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Are equivalencies acceptable?
- Three years related experience in hardware/software troubleshooting and support. Entry Level.
Yes: Equivalent combination of education and experience, with three years of experience for each year of education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates potential for technical proficiency, engineering creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought.
- Knows basic and some specialized engineering technique
- Familiar with searching technical literature.
- Basic knowledge of hardware (PC) imaging software to ensure software laboratory can be configured in a repeatable manner
- Working knowledge of Virtual Machine setup and configuration
- Skilled with use of word processing, spreadsheets, graphical and presentation software applications
- Learns company and industry design practices as applied to tasks.
- Learns company practices for SW integration and test.
- Uses company practices as applied to tasks for configuration management
- Uses company and industry design practices as applied to assignment
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.