Sr. Facilities/Maintenance Mechanic Associate
Location: Branchburg, NJ
Pay Rate: $38.00 - $46.54 (depending on experience)
Job Description Summary
Responsible for mechanical service calls and in house repairs throughout facility and grounds. Performs work in one or more maintenance trades including carpentry, electrical, plumbing and painting. Performs routine equipment repair and installation of oce xtures. Makes periodic or special inspections of premises to determine repair work necessary. May work from rough sketches, blueprints and drawings.
Essential Job Functions:
* Performs, assists with, or coordinates a wide range of operations connected with the installation, removal, repair, alteration and maintenance of all types of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and other utility systems.
* Document Maintenance activities using SAP Plant Maintenance system. Oversee and coordinate the activities of a wide range of Facilities Management service providers. Must carry a cell phone and/or pager and be available to provide 24 hour "on-call" support for site emergencies on a rotating basis as required by local Facilities Management. May be assigned to act as primary or back-up SAP Plant Maintenance Coordinator.
* Coordinates and assists with conference room and special event planning and set-up. Develop, monitor and control annual budgets for assigned maintenance and repair services. This includes budgets associated with internally performed maintenance and external service providers. Oversees execution of small expense and capital projects as assigned.
* Monitor and update as required various administrative systems including, but not limited to, SAP Learning Solution. Performs masonry, plumbing, piping and utility equipment repairs, carpentry tasks, general construction and maintenance activities required for maintenance of buildings, hardware and mechanical systems. Performs construction and project-assist services as required: renovation, rebuilding, and parts replacement. Completes a wide array of corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance tasks per SOP's. Uses diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions and engineering specications to facilitate maintenance task completion, including inspecting and repairing pumps, fans, mechanical drives, seals, replacing components, etc.
* Working in a highly regulated cGMP manufacturing facility, performs a wide range of operations connected with the installation, maintenance, monitor, repair, alteration and removal of all types of mechanical and/or production equipment and machinery, and/or utility piping systems, and associated equipment. Assists with planning, development and layout of such operations. Assists in the inspection, testing, repairing and removal of chemical process equipment inculding instruments, electrical and /or mechanical componenets. Completes training requirements as dened in training plan. Provides complete written documentation of work including work orders, PM's, etc. ) and maintains cGMP records related to maintenance and repairs.
* May, but not limited to, operating clean utility production equipment including lters, softeners, reverse osmosis systems, deionization systems, stills, clean steam generators, pumps, controls, and distribution systems. Perform troubleshooting and repair of clean utility systems. Take periodic readings of quality control/information devices, analyzing data and identifying trends and taking corrective action accordingly. Operate CIP systems. Troubleshoot autoclaves, glass washers, dry heat ovens, and perform other process support functions.
* May, but not limited to, maintaining building electrical distribution systems, utility systems, and production equipment in a cGMP compliant manner and good working order under the direction of Supervisor. Demonstrate proven ability to run electrical conduit and wiring installations. Perform electrical troubleshooting and repair of circuits and devices, motors, switches, and other associated equipment. Operate switches at 4,160, 13,200V. and 34.5kv.
* May, but not limited to, performing refrigeration troubleshooting and repair of refrigeration circuits and compressors for cold storage boxes, freezers and cascade systems, etc. Work with all common refrigerants, reclaiming refrigerants and documenting refrigerant inventories, and documenting signicant losses according to EPA requirements. Perform troubleshooting and repair of HVAC systems including fans, dampers, diffusers, lters, cooling and heating coils, control devices and valves.
* Performs refrigeration troubleshooting, and repair of refrigeration circuits and compressors, for cold storage boxes, freezer and cascade systems, etc. Works with all common refrigerants. Reclaims refrigerants and documents refrigerant inventories. Documents signicant losses according to EPA requirements.
* Performs troubleshooting and repair of HVAC systems including fans, dampers, diffusers, lters, cooling and heating coils, control devices and valves
* The essential job functions and major contributions listed above are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills. Incumbents may be required to perform other duties as required
Job Level Criteria:
* Job Level Criteria denes additional responsibilities for this job, which includes such things as Strategic Focus, Leadership Responsibility and Impact of Work on the organization. To obtain appropriate Job Level Criteria, please go to the HR Intranet site under Job Descriptions and Levels
* Position Specic Qualications (Training Requirements): Position specic job qualications are maintained in the RMS Learning Solution within SAP. Managers and employees can contact their departments Learning Solutions Support Administrator (LSSA) to get a complete list of qualications for a specic position.
Education & Experience
* Education Minimum (required): High School diploma or GED equivalent.
* Demonstrated thorough knowledge of general maintenance procedures, or related eld, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Preferred: Technical/trade school specializing in electrical or mechanical systems
Job-related Professional License(s) or Certication(s):
Required: Must have pertinent experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Plumbing, pipe tting, welding, electrical, refrigeration, HVAC, machinist, steam tter, or boiler mechanic. May require license in electrical, Black Seal High Pressure, or certication in HVAC.
Minimum (required): Typically 4 to 6 years experience as a Master Maintenance Mechanic or equivalent, and 3 years experience troubleshooting industrial mechanical systems and electrical systems.
Preferred: 6+ years work related experience.
Must be able to work all shifts. Experience working in a GMP, clean room environment. Must be able to work in a team environment. Additionally, must be able to meet the demands of the facility in urgent and emergency situations by being available to work overtime, and possibly weekends and holidays
Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.