Job Number: 68222
Unix System Administrator
Contract to Hire position
Shift: Front end of the week working from 8p-8a either Sun-Tue or Sun-Wed alternating weeks
Pay Rate: $58.42/Hr.
Benefits: overtime, medical. dental, 401K
JOB DESCRIPTION: Unix System Administrator
Our client is searching for a UNIX Systems Administrator in our Charlotte-NC location to monitor UNIX server alerts as well as the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Linux operating systems and server hardware. This position also ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational policies and standards.
SKILLS: Unix System Administrator
PREFERRED SKILLS / EDUCATION: Unix System Administrator
- Recognizes and troubleshoots problems with Linux server hardware, operating systems, and applications software. aSolves end user problems in an escalated support environment.
- Facilitates operating system enhancements to improve the reliability and performance of Linux
- Follows standard procedures for analyzing information and determining course of action.
- Interacts with customers to gather data, provide information, or resolve lower-level technical issues. May interact with peers in other functional areas to exchange information or coordinate activities between functional areas.
- Accountable for maintaining the security and confidentiality of any proprietary, sensitive information.
- Available to work after hours and/or weekends, and on-call, as specified by supervisor.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION: Unix System Administrator
- As many of these as possible:
- Unix Administration,
- Red Hat,
- Education AA degree plus related experience or BS degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED: Unix System Administrator
- Bachelors Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Unix System Administrator
- Knowledge of Linux computer operations and familiarity with shell programming and scripting.
- Ability to work on routine projects or issues.
- Ability to use professional knowledge to analyze information and resolve problems.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions on work assignments.
- Knowledge of programming languages (i.e. bash, Perl or Python).
- Familiarity with application software (i.e. Apache, Tomcat).
- Familiarity with configuration management tools
- Operational knowledge of Oracle and MySQL.
- Hands on experience with enterprise class server hardware.
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.