Job Number: 69214
Pay Rate: Pay Rate: 48.59/Hr.
Technical Writer/ Editor
Sterling Heights MI
Shift: 1st, 9/80
Hours: 7am - 4pm
Pay Rate: 48.59/Hr.
Benefits: medical, dental, 401K
JOB DESCRIPTION: Technical Writer/ Editor
SKILLS: Technical Writer/ Editor
- Creates and revises complex technical documentation to support the marketing, operation, repair, and maintenance of company products.
- Ensures documents conform to company and government standards and specifications and language usage principles.
- Creates and revises technical documentation using state-of-the-art publishing software technology including product descriptions, detailed functional descriptions, operating procedures, fault isolation, maintenance and repair procedures, illustrated parts breakdown, miscellaneous reports, proposals, marketing literature, or other technical documentation pertaining to company products.
- Ensures compliance with customer requirements, government specifications, engineering standards, and language usage principles.
SKILLS PREFERRED: Technical Writer/ Editor
- XML Authoring Tool Experience (e.g. Arbortext Epic Editor and Oxygen software)
- MS Office Tools/Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint required; Access a plus)
- Adobe Acrobat Professional PDF Software
- proficient for use of illustration markups; or use of a similar PDF (electronic) markup tool
- Ability to work with a diverse team in several physical locations.
- Knowledge of Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) functionality, development processes, and markup languages.,
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Technical Writer/ Editor
- on-vehicle experience.
- Content Management System (CMS) experience.
- Customer Interaction/Customer Service skills required (some positions involve direct customer interface representing our client)
EDUCATION: Technical Writer/ Editor
- Familiarity with relevant military and commercial standards.
- Mechanical/Electrical/Operator Tech Writer Experience/Knowledge Required, preferred in the defense industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical discipline; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience, plus 5 additional years of relevant experience
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.