Vice President of Operations
Goose Creek SC
Annual Salary: $180K to $200K
SUMMARY: Vice President of Operations
Builds a culture of EXCELLENCE in Pegasus Steel operations with a focus on safely delivering world class quality products, on-time, safely and efficiently. Develops and implements processes and controls to continually improve first time quality and efficiency, while building a strong cohesive team that believes and shares in the Pegasus mission to be the
benchmark for the steel fabrication industry.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following. Other duties may be assigned.): Vice President of Operations
• Hires, trains, develops and evaluates production workforce. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consults with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
• Mentors production supervision team.
• Leads all efforts to ensure that the operations of Pegasus Steel exceed our financial goals.
• Responsible for the safety, first-time quality, efficiency, and on-time delivery in areas of operations.
• Manages policy deployment in the areas of lean manufacturing techniques, cost reduction, customer satisfaction, visual controls, and operational performance.
• Oversees day-to-day operations to support the growth of the company and add to the profitability of the organization. Focus on strategic planning and goal setting and direct the operations of the company in support of its goals by measuring progress and adjusting processes accordingly.
• Identifies and implements changes to improve productivity; reduce cost and scrap; and monitor scrap and rework data.
• Achieves optimum employee levels with the least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES: Vice President of Operations
Must lead and direct personnel in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures including federal and state applicable laws
QUALIFICATIONS: Vice President of Operations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have a minimum of 10 years related working experience required.
•Must be able to improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement, and efficiency.
•Must prepare and present plans for the above and coordinate deployment including training of team members and direct reports.
•Must possess and have proven lean manufacturing techniques.
•Must be able to plan and have the ability to forward plan over a minimum of a 3-6 month time span.
•Must have excellent leadership, management, organizational skills, analytical skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
•Must have an excellent track record in employee development.
•Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
•Experience with ERP JobBOSS software program or similar preferred.
•Must be able to qualify for security clearance by a federal background check.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Vice President of Operations
Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, Industrial Engineering or related major from a four-year college or university; and ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of fifteen years of education and experience.
TRAVEL: Vice President of Operations
Ability to travel out of state for training as needed.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Vice President of Operations
6 Sigma Green Belt or 6 Sigma Black Belt preferred.
PMP certification preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Vice President of Operations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk and hear or see. The associate is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The associate is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds independently. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Vice President of Operations
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Exposure is frequent to moving mechanical parts, airborne particles - eye protection is required; fumes, machine vibration, and noisy conditions - hearing protection may be required; high temperatures; and occasional to a restricted space work area.
All Pegasus Steel locations are tobacco free environments.
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.