Vice President of Quality Assurance
Goose Creek SC
Annual Salary: $180K to $200K
SUMMARY: Vice President of Quality Assurance
Implements and coordinates quality program designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards and NAVSEA requirements by performing the following functions personally or through subordinate personnel. Places safety and environmental issues as a priority at all times.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following. Other duties may be assigned.): Vice President of Quality Assurance
• Implements, monitors and maintains quality objectives and related certifications (i.e. ISO 9001:2015) and NAVSEA Quality Standard compliance. Preparing organization for certification and recertification audits.
• Conducts regular Management Review of the Quality System.
• Administers document control and configuration management systems.
• Manages and oversees established calibration and testing programs.
• Develops initial and subsequent modifications of product assurance program to delineate areas of responsibility, personnel requirements, and operational procedures within the department.
• Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products by coordinating activities associated with “first article build” of new products, ensuring that fabricated items are traceable to documented standards at the time of release of product into the production mode.
• Analyzes, evaluates, and presents information concerning manufacturing quality problems, design and development of new and existing products for consideration by other members of management team.
• Suggests and debates alternative methods and procedures in solving problems and meeting customer specifications.
• Conducts meetings with quality assurance department and factory personnel to establish, delineate, and review organizational quality policies, to coordinate functions, and operations and to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives.
• Coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other department managers to maximize product reliability and to minimize costs.
• Implements audit and testing criteria and procedures to ensure continuous control over work in-process and finished product.
• Performs and maintains both internal and external direction audits on quality related activities and decisions on quality problems associated with product.
• Develops test methods/procedures to support product validation efforts.
• Addresses non-conformities from previous internal and external audits.
• Active involvement in 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing projects as they relate to quality assurance and associated customer satisfaction issues.
• Drives culture change to instill focus on fact-based management practices, the use of Six Sigma and other problem-solving methodologies.
• Identifies and eliminates or mitigates major COPQ (cost of poor quality) processes. Reduces defects with the goal of becoming defect-free.
• Increases standardization of work processes.
• Represents facility as the main “customer contact”, in the active role as liaison.
• Manage/supervise the employees of the Quality Department.
• Manages warranty claims.
• Responsible for housekeeping and 5-S initiatives in the quality department.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Vice President of Quality Assurance
Directly manages the Quality Department and Document Control. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include working with the Human Resources department in interviewing, hiring, and training employee; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. This position is responsible for approving work schedules.
KNOWLEGDE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Vice President of Quality Assurance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have the following:
• At least 10 years of work experience in Quality Assurance Management should be combined with a demonstrated track-record of accomplishments as a Quality Assurance Manager, and with satisfying customers in technology-driven, developing companies.
• Experience with ISO9001 Quality System rules, regulations, including planning and implementation.
• Experience with NAVSEA Quality System rules, regulations, including planning and implementation preferred.
• Good oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and superior organizational abilities.
• Ability to take initiative, to maintain confidentiality, to meet deadlines, and to work in a team environment is essential.
• PC-based computing experience (word processing-Word, spreadsheet-Excel, presentation-PowerPoint, documentation s/w, statistical software) essential.
• Management Review Meetings, Internal Audits, Calibration System, Document Control.
• General knowledge of associated machinery and processing preferred.
• Minimum five years managerial experience in the steel processing industry preferred.
• Working knowledge of 6 Sigma and its application to our processes.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Vice President of Quality Assurance
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Vice President of Quality Assurance
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, quality manuals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management and customer’s top management.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Vice President of Quality Assurance
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory,
and factor analysis, etc.
REASONING ABILITY: Vice President of Quality Assurance
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Vice President of Quality Assurance
Green Belt or Black Belt preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Vice President of Quality Assurance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk, occasionally stoop, kneel and/or climb; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms;
and talk and hear. Ability to identify colors and make fine visual discrimination; ability to make fine judgment of texture. Ability to remember verbal and written instructions over a period of a few minutes to several days.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Vice President of Quality Assurance
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.